Wednesday, August 31, 2011

oh, the blessings.

Over the past month it's been a difficult journey and one I can't say that I am too incredibly proud of. I've had my ups and many downs with this battle and have often felt defeated and alone. 


That was, until tonight. Lizzie McGuire, you truly are such a gift and were God's words to me tonight. As I'm lying down for bed (my stomach is in knots because my job starts tomorrow and I have no idea what it holds for me!) my phone rings and it's my favorite Lizzie on the other end. Lizzie, your voice was filled with such joy and encouragement. I could tell that you were loving life and knew that God had placed you in Oxford for a reason. It was inspiring to me, to hear you trusting in Him and knowing that He has you in His hands. You also encouraged me more than you know by simply asking me how my weight loss was going. I was beginning to fall into this slump of "I could care less about this stupid cycle. I'll just be fat forever" mode. (Especially after my great aunt says to me this week: "Don't think that because you're big that people won't hire you." Way to point out my biggest fear, Aunt Carol.) But Lizzie, you called at the most perfect time and really picked me up. You reminded me that people are reading my thoughts, praying for me, and wanting only the best for me. They want to see me not only healthy but HAPPY. 


So thank you, to everyone reading this entry. Thank you for being my backbone. Thank you for always encouraging me from near and far. Thank you for pushing me to do better, to be better. Thank you for loving me enough to know that I'm not my best self right now. Thank you for being the best friends a girl could ask for. I don't tell you enough how much I LOVE YOU and appreciate every single one of you. Just know that I thank God for you often and am reminded through beautiful people, places, and happenings that I am the luckiest girl in the world. 


Thanks for riding the roller coaster. I couldn't do this without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment