Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hot Pants

Ladiesssssssss! 

So... I have had such high hopes for this blog. I dreamed it would be this online journal for me for to really track my progress in my weight loss journey. Don't get me wrong, I've read through all of my posts multiple times and am glad I started it but let me tell you, sometimes my procrastination gets the best of me. Trust me, I have lots to say but when it comes right down to it,  I have been too lazy, too tired, too ashamed, and too unmotivated to sit and write. So my apologies from the start for lacking in my weight loss thoughts. The blog isn't what I thought it would be but I'm happy that if you're reading this right now, you're still with me in this journey. And for that, I'm SO thankful!

BUT SUMMER IS HERE AND I AM FEELING GOOD.

I have to share a story with you that literally brought me so much JOY! 

I just got home for the summer and I have been taking a stab at my room. I have so much junk in it and I wanted to do a huge purge of all of the clutter. In my crazy cleaning mode, I found this pair of jeans in the back of my closet. I pulled them out and couldn't believe it. These pair of jeans were a size 22 and definitely from the heaviest period in my life. I recognized these jeans right away because they were the only jeans I felt comfortable in. I remember buying them because they had a spandex like feel to them and were stretchy. I felt like I could hide in them. When I turned them over, I noticed a huge hole in the thigh area because I had major "chub rub" and my thighs rubbed together so much that it made the fabric fall apart. I stared at them. I had to soak them in. Is this really what I looked like? 

I immediately wanted to try these pants on. I wanted to see what it felt like. I put them on and you guys - they fell right off! I couldn't believe it. I RAN up the stairs holding my pants by the belt loops and shouted for my mom. When I took my hands off my pants, they fell down again and I started laughing this belly laugh. IT FELT SO GOOD. If there was a time that I needed to be reminded of how far I have come, it was this day. I felt like I had conquered the world. 

I can't express to you my emotions. They are all over the map. My joy is immeasurable. While I know I still have pounds to shed, I am so proud of the progress I have made so far! It has not only been a physical journey, it's an emotional journey. I am a new woman. I am more confident in who I am and I want to share with the world. I think other people can see it too. I know that girl who wore a size 22 jeans is no longer the same Hill that stands before you.

Today is a good day and I am beyond thankful for you and your support. Go for a bike ride today. Enjoy the sunshine. Thank God for the things you have. I know I will! 

Hill

1 comment:

  1. get it girl!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so proud of you :) you've not only lost weight but you've gained a new attitude on life! i love it!!!! can't wait to see you this weekend looking HOTT.

    ReplyDelete