Tuesday, May 8, 2012

These {heels} were made for walkin'.

You can't help but love a new pair of heels. I don't know about you, but I feel more confident/sexier/excited/taller when I have them on. With weight loss, it makes my legs look so DAMMMMMNNNNNN enticing. :)  So, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to treat myself to these sweet wedges and man alive, I WANT TO WEAR THEM EVERYDAY. 

In other news, my mother called me a few weekends back to let me know that I have been signed up for a 5k this summer. To some of you, 3 miles sounds like nothing. But to me, LORDHAVEMERCYONMYSOUL is the only thing that could come to mind. I honestly couldn't imagine running 3 minutes let alone 3 miles. But God is good and showed me how my body has changed over the course of this past year. While I was in Holland this past weekend, I RAN, and yes without stopping, 2 miles!!!!! I honestly couldn't believe it. I was pretty giddy the rest of the day. I felt so confident. While my weight loss has been slooooooooooooooowww, my endurance has truly increased and I can't believe what I am capable of! WOOOOHHOOOOO! 

This only furthered my need to push myself, so last night I decided it would be a good idea to kick myself in the rear and do 2 straight hours of Cardio Jam and Zumba classes. Holy wow. I was sweating like no one's business. I came home, showered, and collapsed on my bed. Even if the scale tonight says I stayed the same, I will be SO happy with what I have been able to accomplish. I know it's not all about the numbers. It's my overall health. :) 


Speaking of all this working out, I'm actually about to go and take myself on a run. We shall see tonight how long I can go. :) Let's hope for another two miles. I've mapped it out on mapmyrun.com so I should be all set to go! I hope you are all doing well. Lots of love to you!

Hillary


1 comment:

  1. Hill, I came home and went to my Old Navy here and found those wedges I loved so much and bought them! I wore them for the first time today, and man was I lovin' them! They are actually quite comfy for heels and you're right -- they make your legs look sexier. :-) So proud of the running you're doing -- you've motivated me. I've got A LOT of fudge calories to work off after my trip to Mackinac this week! Love you, friend! Keep up the STELLAR work.

    ReplyDelete